Saturday, July 23, 2011

Haiti

I'm having a good time and all but when I'm alone in the room without any close family members I feel so out of place. It's times like those when I don't have a translator, when I feel like an outsider among my own people. That's when reality hits me in the face and I'm forced to face true hardships, authentic... loneliness. It has just now occured to me that I see but I don't understand. I can see all these crumbled buildings and honestly not feel a thing, it's horrible. Just like how I noticed all that weight Star lost but it didn't occur to me that she could have some serious health problems. This trip is a rude wakening. From this I hope to learn not to take things for granted, a lesson everyone should learn and heed, but no one ever does.

No comments:

Post a Comment