Friday, May 18, 2012

Movie Morning

So I've been up since about midnight watching movies on my list of movies to watch and.. I'm so glad I did (again)!!! Ohmygosh. They were the best movies I've seen in a while.

I pretty much spent all day watching movies. Earlier I saw Keith (2008). It reminded me a lot of A Walk To Remember. Though I already knew that he was terminally ill before watching it, it was all pretty cliche. I predicted everything.. Still, it was good I guess. Then I saw Serious Moonlight (2009) and that wasn't too bad. I actually laughed a lot watching it haha. Then I watched Anjelah Johnson's standup That's How We Do It, that was really funny :) Gotta love her Nail salon bit and her Bon Qui Qui...

But anyway the last two movies I saw topped everything else I saw today.
First I watched XXY (2007).

That was really good. It's about a 15 year old hermaphrodite named Alex and her parents struggling through a life-changing surgery decision. There's some tough romance stuff in there too (and some nudity - be warned). It definitely brings up gender and ethics issues, which much too often go unspoken. I liked that. I give it 4.5 stars.

Then I watched Super 8 (2011).
Oh. My. Gosh. That movie blew my mind it was so good. Congrats Steven, you really killed it with this one! It's about these 6 middle school kids living in the 70s-80s filming a movie who witness a train wreck and discover a secret the government's been hiding. It was ahhh! Jeez. Like the plot was interesting as it was, but then out of nowhere there would be explosions and crashes that had me jumping out of my seat. It kept me on edge. But the ending was satisfying too. I give it 5 stars. I loved it. Go watch it. Now. I mean it.

And I watched Thor (2011) a couple days ago too. That was really good too. Beautifully ripped actor. Very funny plot. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment