Monday, June 13, 2011

Fina11y.

We made it. We graduated high school. At last!
All that hard work has finally payed off :)
Yesterday at my party people kept asking me how it feels now. When I was sitting in my chair in that arena all I could think of was how many people before the lady would call my name. And when I finally got my diploma, I felt so relieved. Every day before that moment I thought of all the bad things that could happen. I thought of how my life could get taken away with any small mistake. I could've gotten into a car crash, I could've passed out and banged my head somewhere, I could've gotten run over, the list went on. But all went well. I got it. I'm here.

I was reading through all my cards late last night and I kept reading lines that said I would remember all the laughs and the good times and the lessons and whatnot. What's sad is that I really don't remember much. I have to think really hard to remember exactly what happened each year and how I felt, the new things I learned. It's all a big blur. But an unforgettable blur nonetheless. That's why I have my yearbook, to remind me of the things that really mattered, my friends, my teachers. And of course I have the summer to make more memories! ^_^

However, last night I was looking through my yearbook and reading the little notes that people wrote. There were two things that really stuck with me. First off, Honey Bee, I love you. Thank you so much for making that page. I absolutely love it. And I will always remember you, not only for that but for everything else you've done for me. Thank you, you really are a star. You never cease to amaze me with all your talents and the heart that you put into everything you do. Keep doing what you do, keep being you. ☆
Now that that's been said... the two things that stuck with me are one, what Ms. Jackson wrote, and two, Honey Bee's quote. Ms Jackson's note inspired me :) She told me to "be good and set the world on fire" (it's my new quote of the week btw). I love that. And Star? She came up with her own quote (I have no idea whether that's Ms. Jackson's original quote or not..), which is all the more amazing. "Never forget that no matter where you are, remember to stand tall cause you are amongst the stars on top of the world." It's on this little index card and it's the cutest thing I've seen in a while. I'll def keep that card close to me.

Last night, when everything was done and over with, I wrapped my arms around Domo and shut my eyes real tight. My eyes were... overwatering (teehee) as I thought about the speech Malcolm gave with my family crowded around me and my parents and all the friends who signed their love and my teachers who signed their fueling words of inspiration (does that make sense? lol). I didn't fully cry, but I definitely smiled. Because, in the words of Dr. Suess, it's over but it happened. That's all that matters.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment