Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Operation Johnny in Full Effect!

If you don't remember, I created Operation Johnny about a month and a half ago.

Objective: To keep my friend's hopes high and to try to make him feel better, even in the smallest way.
Reason:
He means a lot to me and he should know that. He also should know that he's not alone, that he shouldn't be so stressed. I want to let him know that even if he hasn't changed the world, he at least changed one person's world.

Step 1: Send him my 1000 paper cranes in the mail for good luck.
Step 2:
Save money.
Step 3:
Buy a plane ticket to California for sometime around Spring Break (hopefully) and visit him.
Step 4: Somehow make or buy him a cake since he never got one for his birthday. :(


And as of last night, steps 1, 2, and 3 have been taken. I'm going to California, guys! :D
Somehow (after working long hours on weekends and picking up my coworker's shifts...) I've been able to save up enough money and when I talked to him last night he found a ticket price for about $70 less than what I was originally going to pay. In the spur of a moment I decided that I wanted to visit him earlier than Spring Break. I just have this horrible doubt that something bad may happen in that extra 3 months I don't see him... so I figured since we're both on Winter Break in January, I'm going to visit him a week before my birthday. We're going to party hard haha.
So I've got my ticket and I have a design ready for that tattoo I'm going to get. Oh, did I forget to tell you about that too? Yeah, in another spur-of-the-moment decision, I decided that I'm going to get a tattoo while in Cali. I figure if there's any place to get a quality tattoo done, Cali's it.


I'm excited :)


Now all I have to do is finish this semester with awesome grades, save up more cash for Christmas gifts and California shoppinggggg, and I'll be all set for the best transition into the new year yet. I wish I could just live my life exactly like this - doing the things I want for myself, by myself. It's so... freeing.


P.S. Johnny said I should visit in the summer too. Hell-to-the-mo-fo-YEAH! This first trip will just be a test run for me to get used to flying by myself and everything.


;)

No comments:

Post a Comment