Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The End

People say that the world is going to end in December 2012.

Is it bad that I sort of want the world to end?

In my mind I can see things taking a turn for the worse. Hurricanes, blizzards, tornadoes, droughts, unclean water, etc. I can see mass despair and suffering. But for how we've been living these thousands of years - and I'm not talking spiritually here; I am in no way referencing the Bible - full of greed, it sort of seems right. No, not everyone lives that way, but the majority of the human race over lifetimes has. Look at the way society is. People are out to get rich, to make the most money. Meanwhile half of the world is starved. Cutting down forests, driving species into extinction, the mass slaughter of defenseless animals, all the waste. It doesn't make any sense. There is so much shit in the world, it's just incomprehensible.
If the world does end, it sucks that we'd have to die due to previous generations' recklessness and stupidity. But someone has to pay the price for polluting the earth beyond repair.

Also, the impending thought that the world might end encourages me to live life to its fullest. If I believe that the end is near I will be prompted to do things I wouldn't regularly do. I'd live without regrets, which is something people hope to do all their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment