Monday, June 18, 2012

James Jean

I was looking at Audrey Kawasaki's art blog one day and she mentioned another artist James Jean. I looked him up and oh my goodness, I'm so glad I did. His work is crazy! I'm in complete awe. See for yourself...

Nervosa
 Ink on paper, 2012.
Lily Aldridge
Oil on wood panel, 2012.

Big Five
Oil on two canvases, 2011.
Escape
Graphite & digital, 2011.
Jaime
Acrylic on wood panel, 2011.
Wave II
Acrylic on paper, 2009.
Beauty Kill
Digital, 2011.
Swan
Acrylic, oil, & pastel on linen, 2008.
Maze
Mixed media on paper, 2008.
All works by James Jean.
And not only does he do graphite, ink, acrylic, oil, pastel, and media, but he also designs jewelry and figurines and other objects like that. He has some bound work and just the way they're put together is amazing. One book, XOXO, is just full of postcards and I'd love to get that.

A collage of pictures of some of Jean's bound works including: Rebus, Kindling, RIFT, XOXO, Process Recess (Volumes I, II, and III).
From left to right: Weep (a set of three rings designed to weep over the adjacent fingers; cast in sterling silver with three diamonds available in either light or black rhodium - $675.00) and Gravity followed by its closeup (a crescent opens beneath the collar bone, issuing forth a cascade of liquid accented by six diamonds; cast in sterling silver available in either light or black rhodium - $2,000.00).
The jewelry is gorgeous also, but of course it's really expensive haha. There's no way I'd get any one of those. But I'm okay with just admiring the work.
James Jean. Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment