Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ahh, the Hopeless Romantic: Part II, Rayshawn

Thinking about my first story, I realize that I beat myself up a little too much over that. It was elementary school for Pete's sake! I shouldn't have been in a relationship anyway. Luckily, I'm over it now. Still, no matter how far away he is, no matter what he's doing, Shannon will still be labeled in my heart as my first crush :)
Moving onnnn...
This next tale takes place when I was in middle school. I had a big crush on this guy Rayshawn. (To this day, I still have no idea what I saw in him. He... sighhh. Forget it. I can't explain how bothered I am right now, haha.) So, my best friend was good friends with him because they had a lot of the same classes together. All through 6th grade coninuing through the 7th, my feelings for him thrived. Until one day in the 7th grade, I realized that my best friend was going out with him. I was utterly shocked. She had talked about meeting with him in the stairwell and somehow it hit me. During lunch, I talked to her trying not to reveal my frustrations. I kept asking her, "Why didn't you tell me?" And maybe it was that special bond that we had or just that she knew me too well, but somehow she figured out that I liked him. She felt bad. And I felt bad for making her feel bad. She told me that our relationship was more important than any guy and she broke up with him. I was against it because I didn't want to mess up her relationship. I mean, I could handle it, it wasn't that bad, but she wouldn't listen to me. I love her for that. She cared so much about me... too bad I messed it all up.
She still liked Rayshawn, she told me repeatedly for years to come, but they never got together again (no matter how hard he tried). And I continued to like him... until the 8th grade when he seriously pissed off my best friend. Then I saw the light and realized that he was a waste of my 2 years of affection.
In summary, Rayshawn was a pig and though it took me a while to figure it out, I'm glad I finally did. And through that experience, I found out that my best friend truly cared about me, that she loved me. Another fail for a crush, but a huge gain in a friendship.
Love you Blakey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment